Tuesday, November 22, 2011
To Recap The SEA Games Final
To recap a game that will probably be ignored by the rest of the world.
- 120 minutes of pulsating football.
- a good referring performance
- a game played in good spirit by both teams
- an estimated 100,000 + fans in the stadium
- thousands more outside watching on big screen TVs
- 2 fans killed in crushes outside
- ticket boxes set on fire
- chaotic organisation
- Malaysia arrive and depart in armoured personnel carriers
- last penalty slips through Indonesia keeper's fingers
- heartbreak for Indonesia
- euphoria for Malaysia winning back to back SEA Games
- and all this for an Under 23 competition
Like I said, all that excitement will probably be ignored by the outside world, except perhaps the deaths, because South East Asia doesn't have its own football in their eyes. In their eyes people here are just fodder for EPL clubs to set up academies, come on remote tours and sell replica shirts to.
not sure about that, but here in Malaysia, we are all out for national team. The Ultras will sing for them forever, KLC will forever stand for their ground and loser will always be a loser and to make things worst,a bad loser too.
Kudos to the calm and collected referee from Japan as well as fourth official from Chinese Taipei have made the epic final memorable...Post a Comment