Google
 

Friday, September 04, 2009

 

ISL Fixtures

Rather pathetically I'm waiting impatiently for the Indonesian Super League fixtures to be released. Sad, innit?

Back in England during the close season I was one of those pathetic saps who used to ring the Arsenal office, 01-226-0304(?!) waiting for news of any pre season friendlies. Then I would ring asking about the fixture list and, if I wasn't near a radio, cup draws and replay dates.

No internet back then. We communicated by pigeon and I would ride to home games on a penny farthing which I would padlock to the gate at the Arsenal tube station before paying 6d for my programme, sipping some bovril and ducking under the turnstile to watch the game free.

I remember one sad day I rang the club to find out when a rearranged game at Anfield was due to be played. The next day they said helpfully. I asked my boss for the following day off hopefully and he looked at me sympathetically. I was just being courteous of course. Never any question of me not going. (In fact the more I think about it the more I think it may have been the same day.)

Four years later it was another rearranged game at Anfield that ensured my exile from England would be permanent and now here I am, simpering git that I am, getting excited about the Indonesian fixtures.

I'll print them off and scour them with a very fine tooth comb, planning which games I can attend, or am allowed to attend, knowing all the while of course the initial fixture list bears as much similarity to reality as people dressed as Darth Vader.

Changes galore there will be I don't doubt but I don't care. The season draws nearer!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?