Google
 

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

 

My first podcast!

I'm new to all this hi tech gizmo so bear with me!

The other day I interviewed Andibachtiar Yusuf. Yusuf is a local, Indonesian, movie maker whose work I have highlighted on here a few times in the past. He is the brains behind The Jak and The Conductors, a couple of documentary movie wotsits that have content relating to football in these here islands.

I bought some digital voice recorder thingy and recorded what I hoped would be a quick 5 minute chat in the beer garden of a bar near Lebuk Bulus before the Persija game. The 5 minutes became 20!

If you have Quick Time then open File and paste in this URL :
http://www.the-spiceislands.com/Yusuf Interview.wav and get 20 minutes of Yusuf's thoughts on football, movies and class.

Unfortunately I can't have an iTunes account 'cos they don't know where Indonesia is. If you're reading this Mr Steve Jobs we're those islands just above Australia!

In the meantime tomorrow I'm meeting Pelita Jaya's coach Fandi Ahmad for an interview for ESPN and will try and upload extracts of that as well.

With podcasts, photographs and videos I aim to provide as full a sense of football in Indonesia as is possible for one guy and his lap top.

Labels: ,


Comments:
enjoyed the podcast. how about doing them in mp3 from now on tho, am sure they'd be smaller downloads and much better quality.
 
you re gettin technical on me here john...how do i do that?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?